Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Monday disguised as Tuesday Part 2

So this morning was fun. Ella woke up last night around 4 and came to lay down with us. She started coughing and just couldn't stop for almost an hour. I eventually got up with her and sat on the couch so she was upright. It helped and we both passed out. When Dave woke me up at 5:30 to tell me to put her in her crib, I made the unwise decision to go back to bed. I didn't get up until 6:30- so much for showing off my new do. I did ok getting myself ready- showered, dressed, and made coffee before Ella got up. Once she was up it went ok too. Until we went to get shoes and jacket on. Ella's shoes tend to end up in different rooms now. I can only assume Ella is picking them up and carrying the around. So it took me 10 minutes to find her 2nd sneaker. Then I went to get my keys to leave- I bet you can see where this is going- and they were nowhere to be found. I knew exactly where they were and I freaked. They were in the diaper bag which I knew was in the car! So I mentally start going over the conversation I will have to have with my boss while I head out to the car to see if they are there. Miraculously the car was unlocked! Of course that was a very irresponsible, unsafe situation but somehow it happened at the right time. Of course now we are very late and I couldn't even get myself to enjoy Ella's cuteness. She was a very happy girl through it all. I was 10-15 minutes late but ok with just getting here safely. Now I just want to go home and it is only lunch time.

No comments: