Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back on track Day 2

So yesterday was the second day of us sticking to our plan for getting the house organized and cleaned and then staying that way. About a year ago we had a chore list that worked really well for about 2 weeks and then we just let it fall apart again. Last night for an hour we both did our respective chores. It took a little longer than it should because most of those chores hadn't been done in weeks like cleaning off the table. At dinner, we just push everything to the end we don't use. We agreed at 9 pm we would quit. It was 9:15 and I didn't recognize my house :). It felt really good this morning to walk around and not trip over toys. Yesterday was an easy day because we both had a decent schedule. Today will be the real challenge because it's a busy day and Dave has to work 1-10. Just had to share because anyone who knows me knows I hate to clean!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Must be in the air...I was determined to do all the laundry yesterday, cleaned the bathroom this morning, and Paul swept in places that hadn't been swept in ages (under beds, etc - yuck - the carpet was furry!)

I admit I am not Martha Stewart and don't 'clean' my house top to bottom all that often, but I reach a breaking point with the clutter...especially in the kitchen and dining room. UGH!

Good luck keeping up the day to day stuff...I know it sure makes it all easier when you stay on top of things instead of cramming it all in when you are desperate!

cat said...

Oh yes, we also need to seriously organize our home. Huge job!