Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Many hats

I can't believe I never blogged about our diagnosis and Ella's new therapy? It has been such a roller coaster the last couple of months. I will definitely put some thoughts down very soon. This week is so crazy.

We have a houseguest! We brought my niece (Jason and Jenny's little girl), Saoirse, back from Cleveland with us. Saoirse is 5, and she is so very smart. I was worried that Saoirse would be bored because she is getting so big. We have had to find like 20 books every night just to keep her reading long enough to get sleepy. Today we bought her a Star Wars Clone Wars book- she's 5!! She has been just blowing me away these last couple of days. And Ella loves her cousin so much!

I just wanted to share a funny story. Ella's favorite game is to assign new roles to everyone in the house. She will be "mama", I will be "Ella", and Dave will be baby or some other mixup. I think because she knows these words well she likes to drag this game out for as long as the participant(s) will allow. We try really hard to avoid it sometimes. Lately she has been really trying to work it in. Today we were getting really confused as to what to refer to ourselves as because with Saoirse here, we wear many hats- Aunt, mom,Heather, Dave, husband, dad. So we discussed it for a minute and decided I was Aunt Mama and Dave was Uncle Daddy. Dave, Saoirse, and I had a good chuckle about the silliness of our new titles. Ella was really quiet through the discussion and all of a sudden she gets talking really fast...."I'm baby. You're Ella and You're Ella, and Diddy Ella. No, I'm Mama. Mama Ella...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks